Friday, September 14, 2012

Cowgirl Kitchen in Seagrove

I just love trying new restaurants and eating good food.  It is pure entertainment for our family.  I'm  not saying that it is always good for the figure or the checkbook, but it sure is fun.  I blame my dad Joe for this. There are 3 things I would like you to know about him. 1-He is the smartest man I know and an incredible attorney.  2-He is a great provider for his family.  3-He is an amazing cook! The man is a genius in the kitchen. I've learned so much from him, and even though he is not my biological father, I am a lot like him in many ways.  Yes, that's right, I'm blessed with a mother, a father and a step-father in this life, all great ones!  My dad Joe has taken us on many amazing trips and to countless fabulous restaurants over the years.  I have expensive taste, and I'm a tough food critic.  It is all his fault!  He did this to me, but I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Cowgirl Kitchen in Seagrove
Everybody loves the cow!
Since moving to Seagrove Beach, we have been so excited to try out new places and frequent some of our favorite ones as well.  The food tastes even better knowing that I live here now!  Yesterday morning we rode our bikes about a mile up the road to a local hot spot called Cowgirl Kitchen.  CK is new to this Seagrove location but definitely not new to 30A.  We have eaten many times at CK in Rosemary, but we were first timers at the Seagrove location.  First of all the location is just cool.  I mean look at the building.  I have always loved these old huts in Seagrove. The side of the building has a giant cow painting, and my kids love it.  Speaking of kids, they are very kid friendly.  It has a fun inviting atmosphere. They have a small market inside complete with take home items and ready to eat dishes.  CK offers a breakfast and lunch menu. During the season they remain open until 6 p.m., but this time of the year, they close up around 3 p.m.  We went for breakfast, and boy oh boy was it yummy to my tummy! My kids had their "Eggs in a Boat" for $5, and it was plenty for them to share, with 2 pieces of toast plus a side of their famous praline bacon.  Jason had breakfast tacos of course, with chorizos and cheddar.  I'm not normally one to mix my tacos with my breakfast, but I must admit that these were delish.  I chose the cheddar cheese sausage biscuit, which was just great.  But what I really want to focus on is the praline bacon!  I have always been a big fan of praline bacon, but CK takes praline bacon to an all new level.  When these people say praline bacon, they really mean it.  This stuff is addicting! It costs $5, and trust me, it is worth every penny. You will only share it once.  After that first time, it is praline bacon for everyone because you want yours all to yourself.  I'm serious.  If ever you find yourself near Seagrove Beach in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida, you gotta "getty up" on over to Cowgirl Kitchen for their praline bacon.  And remember to never squat with your spurs on! 

Something about this place made me want an ice cold Coke in a bottle.

Praline Bacon at its best!




Love their menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment